Jury Prize: 2000 Euros to the best musician (soloist/band);
Jury Prize for Students: 700 Euros to best young jazz student (under 25)
Web Community Prize: 500 Euros to the most voted musician by the web community (on YouTube).
The 7 Virtual Jazz Club is proud to announce the 3rd annual Global Online Contest for Jazz Musicians. The competition is open to jazz students, amateur or professional jazz groups, vocalists and soloists of all ages from around the world. See Terms and Conditions.
1. Establish a permanent network platform for discussion and performance for jazz musicians from all over the world;
2. Bring jazz music to new audiences through 21st century media;
3. Feature new jazz artists;
4. Give jazz musicians the opportunity to have their music evaluated by a judging panel of international jazz industry experts.
The international judging panel
Video entries will be seen by jazz industry experts comprised of musicians, teachers, music critics and organizers of jazz events and festivals.
How the Contest works:
The competition will be held in three rounds:
1. Preselections and Jury Prize (for pros and amateurs)
The video entries will be divided into randomly selected groups. Each group will be assigned to three members of the international judging panel whom will score the video with these criteria:
- improvisational quality;
- interplay between the musicians (for group performances).
The top-graded 70 videos will make it through the next round and will be presented "live" on the 7 Virtual Jazz Club platform.
Each judge will watch the 10 best videos (the best two videos of each group of judges) and will rank them. The winner will be decided. The cash prize will be awarded to the winner (2000 Euros).
2. Live performance and Web Community Prize
The best 70 videos will be posted in the 7 rooms of the 7 Virtual Jazz Club (10 videos per room). The video performances will remain visible for 30 days along. The web community will then have the opportunity to score the videos on YouTube, by liking or unliking the videos. Each voter may rate a video only once. By the end of this round, the web community prize (500 Euros) will be assigned to the performance that got the highest vote during the live section.
3. Jury Prize for Students under 25
The top-graded 10 jazz students' videos (under 25) will be presented "live" on the 7 Virtual Jazz Club platform. Each judge will rank them and the winner will be decided. The cash prize will be awarded to the winner (700 Euros).